Special School

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Aryna Holy Priest

Aryna

Aryna Holy Priest Empty Aryna Holy Priest

Post  Aryna Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Character Name: Aryna

Armory Link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Aryna

Link to WWS/WMO: N/A

Level: 80

Class/Spec:
    Priest/Holy (I have gear for disc and shadow)

Picture of UI:
    https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=65781&id=513593006&saved#/photo.php?pid=1562251&id=513593006

Do you have your skills keybound:
    All the skills I use are on key bindings. I have the mouse over macro for decursive.

Are you willing to respec for progression:
    Yes I am.

Raiding Experience:
    PreBc: I cleared all available content.
    BC: I raided up to Felmyst.
    WotLK: I have cleared everything up to 3D 10 and 25 man.

Previous Guilds:
    BruteForce: I left because they were playing favorites for their friends.
    Maven: I left because I voiced my opinion on current happenings in the guild and I had an officer flip out on me for it. Which I feel was very inappropriate.

Do you have a Mic?
    Yes I do.

Why do you want to join Special School?
    I want to join special school because I want to progress and I want it to be fair and fun at the same time.

What ISP do you currently use?
    I use Time Warner Cable Internet currently. I very rarely have connection issues.

Current Computer Specifications:
    Geforce 9800 GTS NVIDIA graphics card. Intel Duo Core processor. Windows 64bit Vista.

Will you be willing to take criticism from guild leaders and officers?
    I have no problem taking constructive criticism. As long as it is in place and is done tactfully.

A little about myself:
    Well I am a Marine. I have been in for just under 6 years now. I am stationed at Cherry Point, NC. My schedule can change with out notice due to the active duty status. But also with me being a marine I do not take bull shit well. I look highly upon leadership who leads by example. I will call you out when you are wrong. How ever all this will be done tactfully and you won't be belittled at all. I am very straight forward and open. That is me in a nut shell.
    izzei
    izzei

Aryna Holy Priest Empty Re: Aryna Holy Priest

Post  izzei Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:31 pm

I don't think you need to be socketing straight spirit.

Also Facebook doesn't allow for zooming into pictures, posting them on an actual photo album site would be nice.
    Aryna

Post  Aryna Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Do you know anything about priests? Honestly... Tell me if you do. Did you even look at the rest of the gems?
    izzei
    izzei

Post  izzei Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 am

I'm not feeling the tactful call out.

I just mean you could be socketing sp/spir in those sockets and not +16 spir because you don't need that much.
    Dercas
    Dercas

Post  Dercas Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Send a tell ingame to Toofass.
    izzei
    izzei

Post  izzei Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Some questions I have about your spec and profession.

1. Blessed resilience...really?
    2. Inspiration? Raids at the least have shamans with ancestral fortitude, and ours also has a disc priest. You don't need to be wasting a point there.
    3. No healing focus. Do you like pushback and 1s longer casting times?
    You need 3/3 serendipity and 2/2 healing focus.

Question: you have tailoring but have 23 haste to your cloak instead. Why not 250 sp or 300 mp proc?

And you def need to be replacing your 16 spir gems with sp/spir gems.
    heehees
    heehees
    Admin

Post  heehees Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm

izzei wrote:Some questions I have about your spec and profession.

1. Blessed resilience...really?
    2. Inspiration? Raids at the least have shamans with ancestral fortitude, and ours also has a disc priest. You don't need to be wasting a point there.
    3. No healing focus. Do you like pushback and 1s longer casting times?
    You need 3/3 serendipity and 2/2 healing focus.

Question: you have tailoring but have 23 haste to your cloak instead. Why not 250 sp or 300 mp proc?

And you def need to be replacing your 16 spir gems with sp/spir gems.

1. 3/3 Blessed Resilience gives 3% more effective healing. They revamped the talent not too long ago.

2. The 1 point in Inspiration is a buffer point to go to the next tier since 1 point anything else is pretty worthless.

3. Although Healing Focus in PvE would be helpful, it is mostly useless. With the amount of instants and off healing that priests do you don't have to worry about spell pushbacks. Not only that, if you are getting spell pushbacks from stuff OTHER THAN UNAVOIDABLE AOE DAMAGE then you are not playing well.

Also, Serendipity is not great at all (not to mention you don't have any available points for it in the first place). The reasons being with Surge of Light you already get instant flash heals and with pre-casting, landing heals fast enough should never be an issue.

However, you are correct about the tailoring cloak enchants.

As for the gemming choices, I haven't played my priest in a very long time (since BC). So I never researched the numbers on spirit/int theorycrafting since I decided I would play a faceroll DK that just needs to stack STR.
    izzei
    izzei

Post  izzei Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:16 pm

For the record, I've been talking over theorycrafting with a priest from Juggernaut II - they lead their server in PvE and they're #1 server in US progression by a huge lead right now.

I'm talking about raiding Heroic Ulduar here, not general priest talent utility.

Serendipity is a necessary talent for Ulduar, since PoH is really important for about 85% of the fights. And that's also why 2/2 healing focus is essential because Mimiron, Ignis, Freya are all bosses with unavoidable AoE damage...and pushback will kill you. And Blessed Resilience is a PvP talent, end of story. Inspiration is only going to be useful if you're MT healer...and as holy, you usually wouldn't be. Basically between Nidaba or Tsigo's spec is where you'd want to be for holy.

And pure spirit isn't useful anymore. Sp/spir is the way to go.
    heehees
    heehees
    Admin

Post  heehees Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:45 pm

izzei wrote:For the record, I've been talking over theorycrafting with a priest from Juggernaut II - they lead their server in PvE and they're #1 server in US progression by a huge lead right now.

I'm talking about raiding Heroic Ulduar here, not general priest talent utility.

Serendipity is a necessary talent for Ulduar, since PoH is really important for about 85% of the fights. And that's also why 2/2 healing focus is essential because Mimiron, Ignis, Freya are all bosses with unavoidable AoE damage...and pushback will kill you. And Blessed Resilience is a PvP talent, end of story. Inspiration is only going to be useful if you're MT healer...and as holy, you usually wouldn't be. Basically between Nidaba or Tsigo's spec is where you'd want to be for holy.

And pure spirit isn't useful anymore. Sp/spir is the way to go.
    I will agree that for Ulduar I can see Serendipity being a necessary talent with all the PoH spam priests do. However standing in fire and getting hit by AVOIDABLE damage will kill you regardless if your cast gets interrupted or not (i.e. not canceling your cast when Ignis flame jets). Like you said Inspiritation is only useful when you're MT healer/OT healer, however with that spec Aryna is you have to put one point somewhere if you do not get Healing Focus. The same goes for Blessed Resilience if you do not get Serendipity.

For Ulduar, I would pick up Healing Focus and Serendipity and get rid of the points in Inspiriation and Blessed Resilience. So yes, you are right about all of those points when it comes to Ulduar/new content (which is what ultimately matters).

As for your theorycraft partners, congrats to them on beating PvE content. No doubt they are good. Just remember though, no amount of theorycrafting/WoW knowledge makes someone a good player. Also blindly following specs of "top" players is not always a good idea (they are generally "smarter" than most average players, but they can also be retarded too). I say that because I admit I am biased towards raiders, since raiding is easy (oh and PvP as well).

It's mostly about how things are handled and executed.
    izzei
    izzei

Post  izzei Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:45 pm

LOL SNARKY

I'm just saying, some people spend most of their time just calculating what works best, so their advice does have some weight (at the very least it makes sense to me and I'm not about to spend MY whole day crunching WoW numbers). I'm not blindly following, if these specs don't work out for me then I'll change things around. Besides which, I already know my friend may be good at doing WoW math but he is pretty much the bads at pvp (stuck in 1500 bracket for TR murloc, 200 matches lolz?).

Anyway, why are you working to defend this app when he's not doing it himself? And simultaneously undermining anything that I have to say? If we just go back to the bottom line - WoW is for carebears and GOOGLEZ/EJ IS UR FRIEND NO LIE he needs to do some fixing.
    heehees
    heehees
    Admin

Post  heehees Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Oh it may seem like I'm defending his app, but I'm really not. He should really be the one chatting it up with you not me, but I always like a good debate/argument. Very Happy

And yeah GOOGLE AND EJ R GUD. Very Happy:D:D:D yet not a lot of people go there... -_-

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:05 am