Special School

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Headphase - DPS Warrior

headphase
    headphase

Headphase - DPS Warrior Empty Headphase - DPS Warrior

Post  headphase Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Character's Name: Headphase

Link to armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Headphase

Link to WWS/WMO: Regrettably I don't have one. I don't have access to any from my current guild's raids. It would be outdated with 3.1 out anyway.

Level: 80

Class: Warrior

Link to a screenshot of your UI (YOU MUST SHOW YOUR KEYBINDS AND THIS IS REQUIRED): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img19/5099/67499343.png Raid frames not shown, they'd be on the left side. I like to keep my screen as uncluttered as possible.

Do you have your skills keybound?: Yes.

Are you willing to respec for the guild's progression?: Of course, I play for the benefit of the raid.

Raiding experience (Pre-BC, BC, & WOTLK): ZG, MC, and BWL in vanilla wow with a hardcore server first guild. BC I did Kara, Gruul, Mag, SSC and TK, but only attempts on Kael and Vashj before I stopped raiding to focus on arena. In WotLK I've done everything except Sarth 3D I guess, but I've attempted that and to be honest I think it's easy, my guild on my previous server just couldn't do it. This includes Naxx, Maly, and Sarth +2. I have not gotten to run +3 with <BruteForce>.

Previous guilds: Only <BruteForce> on this server.

Why did you leave your previous guild(s)?: Since I transferred into <BruteForce> with a few friends, I have barely gotten to raid. We were recruited out of a looking for guild thread my friend Staycrunchy posted, and they warned us that it "might be hard" for me to find a spot in their raid. It didn't sound impossible, though, so we transferred anyway. Unfortunately I'm one of I believe four fury warriors in the guild, and the other three outgear me and have been members for longer than I have. I've been getting passed up for raid spots as a result, so I'm ready to move on to something new where I'll have a place.

Do you have ventrilo and a mic?: Yes.

Why do you want to join Special School?:
    I like the attitude of the guild based on what I can see in the description posted on your forums. I feel like too many guilds are incapable of mixing progression and fun, and it eventually starts to feel like a chore to play the game. I've run with a lot of guilds in my history with this game, including some hardcore server first guilds back in vanilla WoW, and I know I don't like the all-business attitude that comes with it. My most fun experiences have been with groups of people whose primary goal is to have fun.
    I also like the high expectations you have of your raiders. Far too many players have disappointed me since I picked the game back up for WotLK with their unwillingness to perform to the best of their abilities 100% of the time. This could be due to easy raid content, but I personally always try to bring my best, and would like to surround myself with like-minded players.
    Also, I saw that a lot of you got gladiator S1-S4? I didn't, but only because I quit. My peak arena rating was about 2450 in 2v2 on my warlock back in season 3, and I would have surely gotten glad had I not stopped playing.

How did you hear about our guild?: I saw a recruitment post on the forums.

When are you available for raids?: I am available for raids on any night that is not a Friday or Saturday. I stay up very late.

What ISP do you currently use?: Time Warner Cable. They have a monopoly over the apartments in my area. I never get disconnected though, which is nice compared to my old ISP.

What are your computer's specifications?: I'm not sure right off hand, but it's good enough to run WoW on maximum video settings.

Will you be willing to take criticism from the officers and veteran members of guild while in a raid setting?: Yes, as long as the criticism is constructive.

Tell us something about yourself: I'm currently a freshman at the University of Texas at Austin. I'm a really easygoing guy and I play to have fun. I can get along with anybody who doesn't antagonize me, and most people find me very likeable. I'm really into music, and I'm always trying to find good new stuff to listen to. My other gaming addiction is DotA, so if anyone plays that I'd be happy to host some games.

Let me know in game if there's anything else you'd like to know!

Headphase

Last edited by headphase on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aarrack

Headphase - DPS Warrior Empty Re: Headphase - DPS Warrior

Post  Aarrack Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Our initiate fury warrior has been MIA for 2-3 weeks. I like your attitude and written communication skills.
    I'm at work and cannot see your screenshot or your armory, but someday I'll get to go home. Sad
    headphase
    headphase

Post  headphase Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am

I feel I should add a couple things I overlooked in my initial app which seem relevant.
    I'm BS/JC in order to maximize my DPS, and I am fully self-sufficient as far as raid food buffs are concerned with max-level fishing and cooking. I am aware that my current gear set is slightly sub-optimal, particularly my weapons. I rolled this character at the beginning of January, so it's not for a lack of effort as much as that I have not had as much opportunity to raid as most people, and rather bad luck with drops.
    haveabandaid
    haveabandaid

Post  haveabandaid Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 am

App looks great. Why the hell are you putting down on yourself as far as your gear goes? I think you have a great PvE set. The only thing that could use improvement is your weps, but other than that you've got a great gem selection and I love that you have professions to min\max stats. I think we have like... one dps warrior in the guild so as far as getting spots based on population of them, looks good for you. I look forward to seeing you smacking the shit out of yogg with us Razz
    izzei
    izzei

Post  izzei Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Actually our fury warrior trial isn't in guild anymore.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 am